This is one of the most requested cake from my family. Actually this is the 1st cake I baked since I came back to Malaysia. Chinese New Year is just around the corner so there are plenty of mandarin orange around so I used it for this cake. You can always change it to orange or lemon juice for this cake.
1 3/4 Self Rising Flour
1/8 tsp of salt
6 egg yolks
1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 cup Mandarin orange (tangerin) juice/orange juice
zest of 1 orange
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
3/4 cup of sugar
6 egg white
1 tsp of cream of tartar
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degree F. Sieve all the (A) ingredient in a mixing bowl until well combined.
2. Mix ingredient (B) until well blended and then add in ingredient (A) and mix until smooth. Set it aside.
3. Beat ingredient (C) in mixer on high speed until stiff peak. It should not fall out when you turn the mixing bowl over. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture and continue to do so until egg whites is finish. Remember to fold in gently until well mixed.
4. Pour batter into ungreased 10" tube pan and bake for an hour or used a bamboo skewer to test the cake. Just insert the skewer into the center of the cake and it should comes out clean.
5. Invert cake and let it cool complete in the pan. When is cool, loosen the edge of the pan and remove cake.