This is another dish that I learned from Shereen. She is so amazing that she even brined her own salted duck eggs. I enjoyed eating this simple ‘kampung’ (village) dish with rice.
3 Salted eggs, hard - boiled and cut into wedges ( remove the shell )
1 Onion, thinly sliced
Salt to taste / if necessary
To be pounded / blended ( not too fine )
4 Green chilies
8 Bird's eye chilies
2 Candle nuts / buah keras
8 gm Shrimp paste / belacan
1. Heat a tbsp of oil in a wok and fry the onion for a few minutes.
2. Add the pounded /blended paste and fry until fragrant.
3. Throw in the salted eggs that have been cut into wedges and give them a quick but gentle stir.
4. Add salt if necessary and dish out.
5. Serve with hot steaming white rice.