It has been awhile since I post a recipe for cakes. I baked this cake a few months ago to take it with me to a gathering. The brown sugar and chopped prunes gave this cake a very nice caramel fragrant.
It goes really well with a cup of coffee or tea.
250 gram butter – room temperature
200 gram dark brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
280 gram flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp flour
¼ cup milk
1 cup chopped prunes
¾ cup chopped walnut
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F. Greased and line an 8” x 8” square baking pan. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside.
2. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix well.
3. Add in eggs one at a time and continue to beat until well combined.
4. Slowly down the mixer, add in the flour in 3 batches alternating with the milk. Mix until combined.
5. Lastly fold in the prunes and walnut. Mix well.
6. Pour the batter into the baking pan, level up the top, bake for 50-55 minutes till golden brown or until tested skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven; cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn it out onto the cooling rack.