Friday, September 23, 2016
Essay about Kitchen Tools
The popularity of channels showcasing chefs and their culinary expertise is on the rise. People enjoy watching the likes of Ree Drummond and Bobby Flay. They are enamored by Guy Fiere and Anne Burrell. This love of culinary artistry is being translated to the kitchen and more people are becoming interested in the kitchen tools that modern day chefs utilize.
Of course, not every homemaker and wannabe cook has the finances to acquire the high tech gadgetry provided for these famous chefs. But that does not mean the kitchen has to stay sterile and bland. There are a number of great kitchen tools that are readily available to those who would like to add a little flair to their kitchen accomplishments.
Top 10 Kitchen Gadgets for Daily Living
These tools will help when one is trying to live holistically. They are essential to the preparation of a number of healthy dishes and can certainly make the kitchen look a lot more like those seen on TV. Obviously lesser known brands are available, and can provide nearly the same quality for considerably less money. That said, here are the top 10 kitchen gadgets for daily living:
1. Blender - Get your money’s worth out of a high speed blender. Yes, these are more expensive than traditional kitchen blenders, but if you use it on a regular basis you will be glad you opted to put out a little more cash. You will be able to make soups, nut butters, smoothies, homemade mayo, and a host of other silky delicacies with the assistance of this little gadget.
2. Knives - If you have ever had to saw through a piece of meat, or hack at one, you will recognize the import of good knives. We recommend acquiring chef grade knives. Additionally, we suggest that you have an 8 or 10 inch butcher/chef’s knife, an 8 inch serrated knife, and a 4 inch paring knife. If you have cheaper versions of everything else, these should get you through all the restaurant quality cooking you intend to do.
3. Cast Iron Skillet - These are durable and when seasoned properly they are the only truly non-stick cooking utensils on the market. Today’s non-stick pots and pans are actually guilty of releasing some serious toxins into your food when you cook with them. You should definitely consider getting rid of them and replacing them with cast iron cookware.
4. Storage Containers - Make sure you stock up on glass storage options to eliminate the potential for toxic exposure via plastic versions. You can use them for salads and make ahead oatmeal/yogurt breakfasts. And, when you employ that high speed blender to make nut butters, these glass storage containers will be your best options for longevity.
5. Lidded Sauce Pans - Get a number of different sizes. These are useful when you are making homemade soups and sauces. Since they do come in a variety of sizes and money might be limited, we suggest you at least have a 1 ½ quart and a 3 quart version.
6. Cutting Boards - You do not want to do all your cutting on your countertop. You will inevitably scratch it or damage it in some way. Therefore, it is imperative that you get a cutting board. These are made out of various materials and can be relatively inexpensive depending on the material you choose. Keep in mind that some materials are actually really good at holding onto germs and bacteria, so do your research before you make a purchase.
7. Crockpot - These slow cookers are absolutely necessary in any kitchen. They can help you prepare meat while you are at work. They are also phenomenal when it comes to making homemade chili and soups. People also use them to make stews, overnight oatmeal, and fruit butters. They are invaluable in the kitchen.
8. Baking Pans/Sheets - You can get these in full and half size. They are excellent for baking. They can be round, square, rectangular, or any number of shapes. Plus you are going to want to make cookies at some point and the baking sheets you own will undoubtedly get plenty of use.
9. Measuring Tools - You cannot bake without the assistance of measuring tools. Like many kitchen utensils these tools come in a variety of materials. And sometimes they are even in different shapes. We have seen square, round, and heart shaped measuring cups and spoons. Our preference is almost always metal versions because the likelihood of germ contamination is considerably less. Wood and plastic have their own issues, but glass works well too.
10. Mixing Bowls - Glass and stainless steel bowls are always better than the plastic variety. There will be times when you want to keep your mixing bowl on the stove and if you are not careful a plastic bowl will melt. We know this from our own experience. And, as we have said previously, utilizing glass and metal is a better option for keeping your foods toxin and germ/bacteria free.
While stocking your kitchen with these highly recommended kitchen tools is certainly a good idea, there are some other steps you should take to ensure you become the best chef of your home. Consider investing in some well-known and highly regarded cookbooks. You could purchase books by the people we listed in the introduction. These chefs are revered for their extreme giftedness in the kitchen.
And, if you need a few more kitchen tool suggestions we would recommend you consider purchasing a bread maker and a pizza stone. When you start to delve into the world of homemade bread you will wonder why you ever bought store bread. Additionally, if you purchase a pizza stone you will be better prepared to make that cauliflower crust pizza you have been considering. Who knows, you might even be able to learn a thing or two about pizza dough amidst your bread making endeavors. The kitchen tools included in this article will certainly get you well on your way to having an enviable culinary space.
This kitchen essay is provided by Cheap Custom Writings company.