Ummi, I hope this dish is suitable for your son. For him you can just use the seaweed minus the omelette or make the omelet using a good non-stick pan without any oil.
Ingredients for Omelette
1/2 tsp of salt
a few dash of pepper
For the rolls :
300 grms of fish paste
1 red chili - chopped finely
3 spring onions - only the green part and chopped finely
half carrot - chopped finely
2 sheets of seaweed (Optional)
For the sauce :
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1 tsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of corn starch
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tsp of sugar
1) Beat eggs with salt and pepper. Heat a large non stick pan with a little bit of oil and fry half of the egg mixture to make a thin flat omelette. When is lightly brown flip it over and then set it aside.
2) For the fish paste, add in some salt and pepper to taste and mix it really well.
3) Place the seaweed on top of the omelet and spread a thin layer of fish paste on it.
4) Sprinkle chopped chili, spring onions and carrot on top. Roll it up carefully into a long tube.
5) Transfer the rolls to a steamer and steam for 20 min on high heat.
6) While the rolls is steaming, make the sauce. Combined all the ingredients except the corn starch and bring it up to a boil. Let the sauce reduce a bit and thicken it up with cornstarch.
7) Cut the rolls into slices and drizzle the sauce over. Serve warm