I baked these dinner rolls for Thanksgiving. I actually forgot all about the rolls until before bed time on Wednesday evening. So I quickly mixed a batch of the dough and let it proof overnight and I am all ready the next morning for some freshly baked rolls. Do not be alarm as this dough is quite soft and sticky and it doesn't required too much kneading.
3 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp of salt
1 1/4 cup of milk
1/2 stick of butter - 1/4 cup
3 tbsp of sugar
1 packet of yeast - 7 grms
1) Put milk, sugar and butter in a small saucepan and warm up milk on medium heat. Turn off heat once the butter melted. Set aside and let it cool.
2) When the milk is just warm to the touch or around 90 degree then put in flour, salt and yeast.
3) Stir everything together until well combined. Knead the dough for a few minutes and then cover and set it aside to proof to double its size. I let mine proof overnight.
4) Prepare muffin pan or any baking pan and spread it generously with butter.
5) To form the rolls, pinch some dough and make it into a small ball. Place 3 balls into each muffin tray.
6) Cover the pan with cloth and set it aside for second proofing and it might take another hour.
7) Brush the top of the rolls with beaten egg and bake in a pre-heated 350 F oven until golden brown. It might take around 25 min.
Note : The first proofing might take longer as it all depend on the room temperature. I let mine proof overnight. As for the second proofing mine took about 2 hours.