Put the shrimp at the center of the batter
Deep fry until cake turn lightly brown
Loosen the cake from the ladle and continued to fry till golden brown
2 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
200 ml of water (more or less)
a handful of beansprouts
some chopped chives or spring onions
1 small onions - chopped
1 tsp of turmeric powder (serbuk kunyit)
1 tsp of chicken granules
Salt and pepper to taste
About 12 prawns (with or without shell)
1. Combined all the above ingredients in a bowl except prawns
2. Heat up oil in a deep saucepan for deep frying
3. Dip a metal ladle into the hot oil for 1 min
4. Remove the ladle and pun in about 1 1/2 tbsp of batter to the ladle.
5. Press in a prawn in the center.
6. Deep fry until the cake turns light brown
7. Loosen the cake from the ladle with a small knife
8. Continue frying on both side till golden brown.
9. Drain and serve with chili sauce