It has been a while since I last make this kuih. The last time I made this was for our gathering in December 2006. Is really an easy kuih to make.
400 grm of glutinous rice - wash and soak for at least 4 hours
200 ml of coconut milk
1 tsp of salt
3 large eggs
3 tbsp of flour
3 tbsp of custard powder
320 ml of coconut milk
140 grms of sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
1) Drain the glutinous rice and mix it with coconut milk and salt. Put the mixture into the steaming tray and steam on high heat for 20 min.
2) Remove from heat fluff up the rice with a fork. Then used a piece of banana leaf or aluminium foil to press down the rice to level the surface. Set aside.
3) To make the top layer combine all ingredients until well mixed. Strain.
4) Return the rice to the steamer and pour in the top layer batter on top of the rice.
5) Steam on medium heat for another 35 minutes or until the top layer is cooked and firm to touch.
6) Remove and cool down the kueh before cutting into it.
Note : Steaming time might varies depending on the steamer and the heat. The top layer of my Seri Muka was not so seri and smooth. I think the heat of my steamer was too high :)