This is the first time I am making a no-baked cheesecake. Never done that before and you know why? It is because I need a lot of space in my fridge to let them set. You know my fridge is packed up to the door so I don’t have the space for it. Now you know the reason why ha ha… anyway, because of Jellyriffic challenge I will make space for it. I wanted to make something with cheese. Since I can’t bake a cheesecake, I don’t have a choice but to make a no-baked one. Verdict? We still prefer the baked ones. This just doesn’t have the wow factor but it looks good though :)
Ingredients for the top part:
3 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp melted butter
227 gram low fat cream cheese
1/2 tsp mandarin orange zest
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup mandarin orange juice
2 tsp gelatin powder
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 packet orange jello
Some mandarin orange segments for garnish
1. Line and greased the Jelly Moulds. Combined the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix well. Press the crumbs mixture into the jelly moulds.
2. Mix the gelatin and orange juice and set it aside to bloom. In the meantime beat the cream cheese, sugar, mandarin orange zest until thick and smooth.
3. Warm the gelatin and orange juice mixture in the microwave for 20 – 25 seconds. Stir and mix well. Let it cool down before adding it into the cheese. Mix well and then fold in the yogurt.
4. Spoon the cheese mixture into the jelly mould to about 3/4 full. Chill the cheesecake for at least an hour.
5. Arrange the mandarin orange on top of the cheese. Prepare the orange jello according to the package instruction.
6. Pour it on top of the mandarin orange. Chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving.
Note: Don’t forget to leave a comment for a better chance to win an Olympus VG-110 camera. Giveaway is open worldwide. Entries close 30th October 2011