I wanted to make this kuih for the longest time but never get to do it. I always think they are very difficult to make because I have to use the banana leaves to make it into a cone casing and it is a daunting task as I’ve done that before for the Kuih Koci. Fear no more. Now I have these cone shape jelly moulds to use and they are just perfect for this kuih. The shape came out nicely.
This kuih is one of the easiest kuih to make actually. With just a few ingredients you will have perfect kuih for your afternoon tea.
100 gram white pearl sago
100 gram green pearl sago
150 gram fresh grated coconut
180 gram palm sugar – finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
Some banana leaves
1. Lightly wash the sago in cold water. Soak it in water for half an hour. Drain well.
2. Mix salt and grated coconut. Divide the coconut into half and add it into the white and green sago. Mix well.
3. Line the jelly moulds with banana leaves. Brush it lightly with some vegetable oil.
4. Scoop about 1 ½ tbsp of the white sago mixture into the mould. Top it with some palm sugar and cover the palm sugar with 2 tbsp of the green sago mixture.
5. Steam it over high heat for 20 minutes or until cooked. Do the same to the rest of the sago.
Note: Don’t forget to leave a comment for a better chance to win an Olympus VG-110 camera. Giveaway is open worldwide. Entries close 30th October 2011