Is the time of the year again to bake some cookies. I got this recipe from 'Taste of Home' Cookies & bars recipe book.
1 cup of butter - softened
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of powder sugar
4 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp of almond extract
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of cream of tartar
1 tsp of salt
2 cups of sliced almonds
1 packet of English toffee bits (you can replace it with caramel bits)
1) In a mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars until well mixed and creamy.
2) Add in eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Add in almond extract
3) Combine flour, baking soda,baking powder, cream of tarted and salt.
4) Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
5) Drop a teaspoonful of cookie dough about 2" apart onto baking sheets.
6) Bake in a pre-heated 350 F oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Remove from wire racks to cool.
Note : I added some caramel and chocolate chips these recipe.