It has been a while since Carlos and I indulged in this fried and sweet treats especially Krispy Kreme. Is just too bad we don't have Krispy Kreme here in the East. I never try making any donuts before because the thought of frying it in lots of hot oil and then the kitchen will be cover with grease and smell will lingers around for days kind of put me off.
I bought a mini donut pan at the Le Gourmet Chef when I went shopping at the premium outlets with Pinky and I just can't wait to try out these yummy treats.
This bake donuts is soft and fluffy and tasted as good as the deep-fried ones and is much healthier. You can glaze it with anything you want but I prefer mine in simple cinnamon sugar and lemon glaze.
1 cup of flour
1/4 cup of sugar
3/4 tsp of baking powder
3/4 tsp of baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tub of plain yogurt (227 grm or 8 oz)
1 tbsp of melted butter
1 tsp of vanilla
2 tsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of powder sugar for dusting
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F and coat the donut pan with non-stick spray and dust it with some powder sugar.
2) In a small bowl combined all the dry ingredients.
3) Combined egg, yogurt, melted butter, lemon juice and vanilla until well mix.
4) Stir in dry ingredients into the egg mixture until well combined. Do not over mixed.
5) Divide the batter evenly into the baking pan and bake for 12-15 min or until golden brown.
6) Cool in pan for 5 min before removing it into the cool rack.
7) Roll it with cinnamon sugar or glazes.