A friend came over for a visit a few weeks ago and I baked these little cakes to have it with our afternoon tea. Instead of chocolate I used Nutella for the marbling effects. I always have weakness for Nutella and will usually spread it on toast and but by adding some to this cake was such a treat for me.
160 gram butter
100 gram sugar
160 gram flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp Nutella
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F. Greased 10-12 small moulds with some butter and set it aside. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt and set it aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until soft and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time and continue to beat until well combined.
3. Turn the mixer speed down to low, add in the vanilla. Add in half of the flour, all the milk and the other half of the flour. Mix well until combined.
4. Remove 5 tbsp of the batter and add in the Nutella and mix it well. Pour the plain batter into the moulds and top it with the Nutella batter and with a skewer or chopstick give it a few swirl to form the marble effects.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cake is done and golden brown.
Note: You can use a loaf pan to bake this but you have to bake it a bit longer.