A friend of mine gave me this recipe last year and I only baked recently since I had some plum sitting on the kitchen counter. The cake is moist and tender and I just love the crunchy streusel topping. I think it will taste just as good if you want to make it with fruits blueberries, raspberries, peaches etc...
1/2 cup/113 gram soft butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp essence vanilla
2 tbsp sour cream
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 plums – cut into small chunks
1 tbsp sugar + 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 cup flour
4 tbsp soft butter
1/4 cup sugar
1. Combined flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set it aside. Line and greased an 8” x 8” square baking pan with parchment paper, overhang on both side (for easy removing your bars later).
2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
4. Add in the flour mixture and mix well. Pour into the baking pan, top it with the plums and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the plums. Sprinkle the topping on top of the fruits.
5. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown and plums are tender. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
I'm submitting this dessert to Aspiring Bakers #5 - Fruity March , hosted by Jess of Bakericious.