I saw this very interesting dish at Jun's blog the other day and I just have to cook it. I made minor changes to the ingredients since I don't have it in my pantry.
1 chicken - cut to bit side pieces
1 tsp of turmeric powder
2 tsp of salt
Juice of one lemon
3 tbsp of flour - for coating the chicken
Blended ingredients :
5 cloves of garlic
1" of ginger
2 stalk of lemon grass - used the tender part
3 tbsp of sambal olek
2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
3 green chilies - sliced
Salt, pepper and sugar to taste
1) Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice for an hour.
2) Coat the chicken with flour and then fry till golden brown. Drain the oil.
3) Leave about 2 tbsp of oil in the pan and then saute the blended ingredients until lightly brown and fragrant.
4) Add in the sambal olek, soy sauce and seasonings and cook for 1 min.
5) Add in the chicken, chilies and stir-fry till the sauce is well coated with the chicken.
6) Serve with warm rice.