This is a really light, moist, tangy and sweet cake and it is much lighter than a pound cake. Is infused with lemon glaze which is just perfect. This is a very common cake in France but they usually measure their ingredients with the yogurt cup. Is a very simple cake to make and is finished with a lemon syrup which give the cake a very nice glaze.
1 1/2 cup of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of sugar
2 tsp of lemon zest
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
3 large eggs
1/2 cup of vegetable/canola oil
For Glaze :
Juice of 2 lemons
1/4 of powder sugar
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F and grease the baking pan. It can be round pan or a loaf pan.
2) Put all the ingredients in the mixing bowl and beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
3) Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 45-50 min or until it golden brown.
4) Meanwhile cook the lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan until sugar dissolves and mixture is clear. Set aside.
5) When cake is done allow it to cool in pan for 10 min. Remove cake and place it on a rack over a sheet pan and drizzle the glaze over the warm cake.
6) Cool cake completely before serving.