I made this sinful cake for our Anniversary. This is my second attempt making Tiramisu. The first time I didn't have all the right ingredients and I just used whatever I had in hand and it turn out a huge dissapointment in taste.
So this time I bought ladyfingers, mascarpone cheese, best cocoa powder, dark rum and heavy whipping cream. All I have to do is assemble the cake with all these ingredients and the taste is to die for.
2 tub 8oz mascarpone cheese
1 tbsp of coffee liqueur
8 tbsp of sugar (you can add more)
450 ml of heavy cream
1 cup of hot strong brewed coffee
1/4 cup of dark rum
48 lady fingers (more or less)
unsweetened cocoa powder
Strawberries, raspberries and lady fingers
1) In a mixing bowl whisk the whipping cream with 4 tbsp of sugar until firm peak. set aside.
2) In a second mixing bowl cream the mascarpone, coffee liqueur and 4 tbsp of sugar
3) Fold the whipping cream into the mascarpone cheese and set aside
4) Mix the coffee and dark rum. Dip lady fingers into coffee mixture and place in the bottom of the baking dish or spring form pan.
5) Spread some cream cheese mixture over the ladyfingers and dust with cocoa powder.
6) Dip some ladyfingers into coffee mixture and repeat step '5' again.
7) Cover and refrigerate tiramisu overnight.
8) Just before serving decorate it with some cocoa powder or fresh fruits.
This is how the tiramisu looks like inside
Gave some to my neighbor Nancy and Diana. This is what left of the cake :) :)
Note : You can add more sugar if you want a sweeter Tiramisu