Some people might find it odd cooking curry with pumpkin but I like adding it into my curry. It gave the curry some sweetness and also balance out the spiciness of the dish.
1 pound of shrimp - peeled and deveined
2 fish fillets - cut into chunks
2 tomatoes - quartered
2 cups of pumpkin - cut into chunks
2 cups of coconut milk
2 kaffir lime leaves
2 tbsp of fish sauce
1 tsp of sugar
Salt to taste
For Curry Paste
6 red chillis
2 green chillis
1 stalk of lemongrass
3 cloves of garlic
1) Blend all the curry paste ingredients with some water and set aside.
2) Heat up the frying pan with some oil and stir fry the blended curry paste.
3) Add in 2 tbsp of coconut and stir fry until fragrant.
4) Add in the rest of the coconut milk and bring to boil. Add in pumpkin and kaffir lime leaves and reduce heat to simmer.
5) When the pumpkin is soft add the seafood and tomatoes.
6) Bring to boil and add in sugar, fish sauce and seasoning. Cook for 2 mins.
7) Serve with warm rice.