It has been awhile since I cook with chicken wings. I bookmarked this recipe from Sonia’s right after she posted it at her blog. I just love how her dish/wings look, dark and glistening with soy sauce glaze. This is such a nice simple dish and goes really well with rice.
Source: Nasi Lemak Lover
18 pcs Chicken Wings (mid section)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp Shao Hsing cooking wine
1 spring onion - cut into 1"
5 slices ginger
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
80 gram rock sugar
1 pc start anise
1 tbsp Shoa Hsing cooking wine
1 tsp sesame oil
1 ½ tbsp Chinese black vinegar
Salt to taste
1. Clean the wings dry them well and give it a few pricks with a fork. Marinate the chicken with light soy sauce and wine for at least 2 hours.
2. Add 4 tbsp of vegetable oil in a non stick pan, pan fried the wings till golden brown, remove and set it aside.
3. Remove any access oil from the pan and leave about 2 tbsp in it. Sauté the green onion and ginger till fragrant. Add in the wings, water and all the seasonings except the black vinegar.
4. Bring it up to boil, turn down the heat, cover and cook the wings until the sauce thicken.
5. Lastly add in the vinegar, mix well. Dish out and serve it hot.