I always have soft spots for dried fruits. I like adding them in cakes and cookies. I know, some of you hate fruit cake but I just love it but it has to be the homemade kind though. These biscotti are no acceptation. I just love it!! These twice baked biscotti are crunchy and packed with dried fruits. I put 2 pieces in Carlos lunch bag everyday as I think this is much healthier than the store bought granola bar.
320 gram flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
130 gram sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1 1/2 cups dried fruit – dried strawberries, dried cranberries and apricots (cut into small pieces if needed)
3/4 cup shelled pistachio
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt and set it aside. Combined the dried fruits and pistachio.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar over high speed until thick and pale. It will take about 5-6 minutes. Add in the vanilla. Slow down the mixer and add in the flour. Lastly fold in the dried fruits and pistachio.
3. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and transfer them to the baking sheet. Shape the dough into 2 long logs. If the dough is too sticky to handle, dust your hand with some flour before shaping the dough.
4. Baked it for 35-40 minutes or until lightly brown and it should be firm when touch. Remove from oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Turn off the oven.
5. Once it is cool, transfer the logs to a cutting board and using a serrated knife slice log into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Arrange evenly on baking sheet.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F again and bake for 10 minutes, turn slices over, and bake another 10 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool and store in an airtight container.
Note: You can use any type of dried fruits of your choice.