I know. This dessert is way sinful. I am sure many of you including me are on diet right now after indulging all the sinful food and cookies during CNY. As for me I’ve been having outside food for the past 3 weeks so it is time to start having some lighter meal. Well I made these 2 months ago and haven’t had a chance to post it until now. These brownies are sinful, rich, decadent and super delicious especially with the Oreo chunks peaking through the brownies.
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter
8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped Oreo cookies (20 cookies)
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Line and butter and an 8" x 8" baking pan.
2. In a heatproof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool down for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and sugar. Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. Stir in half of Oreo cookies into chocolate mixture.
5. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the rest of the Oreo on top. Press it into the batter lightly.
6. Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean; do not over bake. Allow to cool completely before cutting it into square.
Thank you Ah Tze of Away Of Mind and Eileen of Hundred Eighty Degree for awarding me this lovely award.