This is a pretty healthy cake. I actually baked this cake a few months ago and only get to post it now. I love the texture and nutty flavor of this cake. Like Bee Bee said, it has a nice fragrance of banana and the right amount of sweetness to it too. Beside that I like the crunch topping too. This cake taste even better if you let it sit for a day and it goes well with a cup of tea. This recipe is from Honey Sweet Bee and I lightly toasted the oatmeal for 6 minutes in the oven and blend it in the food processor before putting it in the cake.
Adapted from Honey Sweet Bee
112 gram unsalted butter, room temperature
110 gram light brown sugar (I used dark brown sugar)
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed banana
60 ml fresh milk
1/4 tsp salt
95 gram cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/3 cup of quick oats (lightly toasts it in the oven and gives it a few pulse in the food processor)
Oat Crumble topping:
3/4 cup oatmeal
50 gram butter, room temperature
50 gram light brown sugar (I used dark brown sugar)
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2. Prepare the crumble topping by mixing everything together and thoroughly. Set it aside
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together till light and creamy. Then add in the eggs one at a time and mix well. Add in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
4. Fold in the flour mixture in 3 batches alternating with the milk. Mix until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the crumble topping on the cake batter.
6. Bake the cake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and the tester comes out clean. Set it aside to cool completely.