Yeah I know. Not banana bread posting from me again. I can’t help it as the bananas on my counter get super soft in record time during summer. I can’t bring myself to throw it away so it will always end up in my baking. As usual I used my most trusted recipe of banana bread and this time I added some Nutella swirl to it. Banana bread + Nutella= YUMMY!!
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas - mashed
1 tsp of vanilla
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp of milk
1/4 cup nutella
2. In another bowl mix oil, eggs, sugar, bananas, milk, vanilla and lemon zest. Mix until well combined.
3. Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture and mix until well combined. Take out ½ cup of the batter and mix in the nutella. Mix well.
4. Pour half of the banana batter into the loaf pan, follows by the nutella mixture. Pour in the rest of the banana batter on top. With a skewer or a chopstick give the batter a few swirls.
5. Bake the bread for 50 – 55 minutes or when tested with skewer in the center it comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from pan.
Note: I added some batter to the nutella as this way the nuttela will not sink to the bottom of the bread when bakes.