If you love chewy brownies and soft cookies, this is for you. They are wickedly good. This cookies are perfect with crispy edges, chewy gooey center and awesomely chocolaty. I like mine without nuts but you can add it in if you want to. I am submitting these cookies to Aspiring Bakers #7: Chocolate Delight (May 2011) , hosted by Doris of Tested & Tasted.
2 cups bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper of a silicone baking mat.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set it over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until completely melted and smooth.
3. In the meantime, stir together the eggs, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside. Combined flour and baking powder and set it aside.
5. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine well. Slowly add the dry ingredients, folding them into the batter. Once all of the flour is incorporated, stir in the chocolate chunks or chips.
6. Rest the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes before using. Scoop 1 tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they are firm on the outside. Like brownies, do not over bake! Leave to cool completely on the baking sheets.
For the past two days blogger’s has been down, most of the comments made earlier have gone missing. So if your comment at my Apron Giveaway is not there, can you please comment again if you want to participate. I am so sorry about that. Closing date for the giveaway is on 17th May 2011.