After being sick for some time I am finally back to my old self again. I need some comfort food. What could I whip up to make this day even better? Something like cookies? My favorite, or everyone’s favorite is chocolate chip cookies. These are the perfect chocolate chip cookies for me. Crispy edges with slightly chewy center and an exploding rich chocolate chips and a hint of coffee flavor. Yummy!!
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp instant coffee
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecan
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Scrape down bowl and add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. The mixture will look light and fluffy. Add vanilla, instant coffee and beat for 5 seconds.
2. Add half of the flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and pecan. Cover the bowl and let the dough rest in the fridge for an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use your hands or ice-scope shape the dough into one inch sized balls.
4. Place on prepared baking sheet, 1-inch apart. Bake for 15-16 minutes or until light golden brown
5. Remove baking sheet from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Transfer the individual cookies to the wire rack to cool completely