Is Valentine's today and I think this heart-shape cookies is just perfect for the occasion. Wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!!!
1 1/2 stick of butter (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of ground almond or walnuts
2 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
some strawberry or rasberry jam
Powdered sugar for dusting.
1) Cream sugar and butter until light. Add in egg and continue to beat until incorporated. Add in vanilla and mix well.
2) In a separate bowl combined ground almond, flour, salt and baking powder.
3) Slow down the speed of the mixer and add in the flour mixture into the butter until incorporated and form a dough.
4) Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 min.
5) Roll out the dough to about 1/8" and cut out the hearts and bake in a pre-hearted 325 degree F oven for 15 min or until lightly brown on the edges.
6) When the cookies is cool spread some jam on the bottom cookies and sandwich the cookies. Fill up the holes with extra jam and dust with powdered sugar.