This is a really easy appetizer to make and is good for a party or light snack for your family.
1 packet of store bought puff pastry
1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes - drained from oil and chopped
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices of ham or any type of cold cuts - finely sliced
1/2 cup of chopped olives
some chopped parsley
1 egg - beaten (for glazing)
1) Roll out the pastry thinly into a large rectangle.
2) Spread sun-dried tomatoes, both cheeses, cold cuts, olives, parsley evenly on the roll out pastry leaving about 1/2" gap on the edges.
3) Brush the long ends on the opposite for the pastry with beaten egg and roll the pastry up like a long sausage.
4) Put the roll up pastry in the fridge for an hour to makes it easier to cut.
5) Brush the roll with beaten egg and with sharp knife cut into thin slices.
6) Arrange on a baking tray, space apart and brush them with a little more of the beaten egg.
7) Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 20 min or until they are golden brown.
I made another variation by using frozen spinach, ricotta cheese and the rest of the ingredients are the same as the above.