I am pretty much done with my Christmas baking. Of all the cookies I've baked over the years this cookies by far is my favorite. They are called Russian Tea Cakes/cookies or also known as Mexican Wedding Cakes. I am not sure why they call it cakes when it is a cookie. It can make from toasted nuts like hazelnuts, walnuts, almond, macadamia nuts, etc. The dough is fairly un-sweet, make into small balls and then rolled it in powdered sugar. They just melt in your mouth and you can't stop by just eating one.
1 cup (2 stick) of butter - room temperature
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1 cup of walnuts or other nuts - toasted and finely ground
For Tossing :
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1) Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and creamy. Stir in vanilla.
2) Add in toasted nuts and flour until well combined.
3) Roll dough into a small balls and arrange the cookies into a baking tray about 1/2" apart.
4) Bake cookies in a pre-heated 325 F until golden brown on the bottom and just lightly brown on top. It might take about 20 min (depend on your oven).
5) Cool cookies completely and then roll it in powdered sugar.
Note : If the dough is too soft, chill it in the fridge for an hour before forming it into balls. You can form the cookies into crescent shape.