I made this really moist and flavourful cake for breakfast last week. Just mixed all the ingredients together and in an hour you will have a cake for breakfast or tea.
(adapted from : http://momsrecipesandmore.blogspot.com/)
1 3/4 cup of flour
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup of raisins - chopped
1 tbsp of orange zest
1/3 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
125 grm of butter - melted
1 cup of plain yogurt
2 eggs - lightly beaten
Icing sugar for dusting.
1) Pre-heat oven to 325 degree F and prepare the baking pan.
2) Sift flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3) Add in sugar, raisin and orange zest and stir well.
4) Combined orange juice, melted butter, yogurt and eggs until well mixed.
5) Pour the eggs mixture into the flour and stir well with a big spoon.
6) Pour into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
7) Bake in the oven for 40-45 min until golden brown or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
8) Set aside for 3 min before turning out into a cooling rack.
9) Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Note : I add a handful of dried cranberries for some colour.