Carlos and I like crackers. We eat it with cheese, olives, soup and even with our dinner. We will usually buy the crackers from Trader Joe's but once a while if I am not lazy I will make some. I like making this cheesy crackers. Is rich and not greasy. Is really easy to make. All of you have to do is pulse all the ingredients in a food processor, roll it out, cut it and bake it in the over and you will have a tasty snack to munch on.
1 1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of sesame seeds (extra for sprinkle)
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of chili powder (optional)
4 tbsp of chilled butter (cut into small pieces)
1 egg yolk
1 cup of finely grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of milk (might need more or less)
1) Pulse flour, salt, chili powder in the food processor until combined.
2) Add in butter and pulse until mixture looks like bread crumbs.
3) Add in cheese, sesame seeds and egg yolk and pulse for a few second. With the machine running add in the milk slowly until dough comes together and well combined.
4) Transfer dough to the plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for an hour.
5) Roll our the dough and cut it to the shape you want and brush with beaten egg and sprinkle on some sesame seeds on the crackers.
6) Bake it in a pre-heated 325 degree F oven until golden brown.