I bought some fresh oyster mushroom from the Asian store recently not knowing what to do with it. I remember seeing a few recipes of fried mushroom at Elin’s blog and decided to check them out. I settle for this batter recipe as it looks really crispy. I double up the recipe and added some curry powder to the batter to give it an extra kick. Like Elin said, the mushroom was crispy and crunchy on the outside and chewy and moist on the inside. Do give it a try, it is really good.
Adapted from Elinluv’s Tidbits Corner with some minor changes
1 packet of fresh oyster mushrooms
Ingredients for the Batter
6 tbsp flour
2 tbsp rice flour
2 tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp chicken granules
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp curry powder
10 tbsp water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Clean the mushrooms with a wet paper towel. Cut it smaller if necessary and set it aside.
2. Combined all the dry ingredients of the batter in a medium size bowl. Mix well. Add in the water and whisk the batter until it is smooth. Add in the oil and mix well.
3. Heat up some oil for deep frying. Coat the mushrooms with the batter and drop it into the hot oil
4. Fry the mushrooms until lightly brown. Remove and drain it on paper towel.
5. Serve the fritters with your favorite chili sauce.