This year I decided to bake almond cookies instead of the regular peanut cookies after seeing Bee Bee of Honey Bee Sweets posted a pictures of her cookie on FB. Since I still have a packet of almond meal given by Oh Nuts in the fridge I like to use it up before ordering some new packets. The cookies turn out like how Bee Bee describes it. Buttery and melts in your mouth. Carlos love it a lot and I have to hide it away from him if not it will be all be gone before CNY.
From Honey Bee Sweets with slight adaptation
250 gram almond meal
220 gram flour
1 tsp baking powder
95 gram confection’s sugar
½ tsp salt
100 gram vegetable oil or peanut oil
50 gram melted butter
1 egg – beaten for egg wash
Some sliced almonds for decoration - optional
1. Put the almond meal on the baking pan and toast it in a 325 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Remember to stir it twice in between toasting. Set it aside to cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt. Then sift in the confectioner’s sugar. Add in the cool almond meal and mix up the entire ingredients well.
3. Add in the oil and melted butter. Stir and mix until the mixture comes together to form a soft pliable dough. If it is too dry you can add a bit more oil to it.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 325 degree F and line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Roll out the dough to about ¼ thick and cut it into desire shapes or you can just simple make it round.
6. Glaze the top with egg wash and sprinkle on some almond slices. Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown.
7. Cool it completely before storing.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover .