I’ve been under the weather for the past one week. With all the medicines and nasal spray my taste bud and sense of smell went haywire. I can’t taste or smell anything at all. I have no appetite and all I want is something cold and sweet. I decided to make this pudding. I love the vibrant marbling effect of this pudding. Aren’t they beautiful?
13 gram agar agar powder
170 gram sugar
3 pandan leaves
300 ml milk
1 tbsp custard powder
1. Bring the water, pandan leaves and agar agar to boil. Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 3 minutes and remove it from heat and let it cool down a bit. Remove the pandan leaves.
2. Beat eggs with a whisk; add in the milk and custard powder. Mix well. Pour the mixture through a sieve into the agar agar mixture. Stir well.
3. Add in the sugar, put the pot back to the stove and bring it up to a slow boil again. Remove from heat.
4. Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions. Color one with pink, yellow and green or any color of your choice. Place your tray or mould for the pudding slightly slanting in an angle (you can use a book – refer to pix).
6. Set the tray flat on the surface and let it set in the fridge before cutting into it. Serve cold.