I tried out this mini donut recipe from Ummi’s blog and we like it a lot. I always like the traditional yeasty donut coated with sugar compare to the cakey kinds that were coated with all kinds of toppings. I guess I am the very old fashion kind of person. What about you? What type of donut do you prefer?
I am submitting this post to "Aspiring Bakers #4: Love In The Air! (Feb 2011)", hosted by Cuisine Paradise
200 gram of bread flour
20 gram sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp dry yeast
140 ml milk
20 gm butter
1. Put all the dry ingredients like flour, sugar, salt and yeast in the mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
2. Turn on the mixer attached with dough hook. Turn on the mixer and slowly drizzle in the milk. Knead until dough comes together and add in the butter. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth (if the dough is too soft add a bit more flour)
3. Cover and let the dough rest until double in size. Roll out the dough to about ¼” thick and cut into desire shapes. Cover the cut donuts and let it rest again until double in size.
4. Heat up the oil for deep frying. Fry the donuts over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain oil on paper towel.
5. Let it cool down and coat it with sugar.
I am submitting this bread to Yeastspotting