20 grm of agar agar powder
1000 ml water
300 grm of sugar
3 pandan leaves
100 grm of sago (soaked for 2 hours)
250 ml of thick coconut milk
A few drop of green/red/purple coloring
1) Cook sago until transparent and rinse under cold water. Divide sago into 6 portions. Add purple, red and green coloring into each portion. The other 3 portions remain white.
2) Boil agar-agar powder with water, pandan leaves and sugar and then add in coconut milk. Bring to boil and turn heat to very low flame.
3) Take 200ml of the agar agar mixture and add in one portion of the white sago. Stir well.
4) Pour into a 8" wet baking pan or mould. Let it coagulate.
5) Scratch the surface with a fork.
6) Take another 200ml of the agar-agar mixture and add in the purple color sago. Stir well and pour on top of the white layer and let it coagulate.
7) Continue the same process - 3rd layer will be white, 4th will be green, 5th will be white and the final layer will be red.
8) Chill in the fridge before slicing. Serve cold.
Note : Cooked sago must be rinsed under cold running water so that it does not stick together.