I am a huge fan of Thai food especially using the aromatic ingredients like lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf, coriander and galangal. Here is one of my favorite way of cooking Thai dish.
1/2 pound of shrimps - peeled and deveined
1/2 pound of fish fillets - cut to bite size pieces
1 tbsp of fish sauce
1 tsp of lime juice
1 tsp of sugar
salt and pepper to taste
8 pieces of 7" x 7" square banana leaves
Blended Ingredients :
1" of ginger
2 small red chillies
3 spring onions
2 steams of lemongrass - white part only
a small bunch of coriander
4 tbsp of thick coconut milk
1) Blend the above ingredients to forms into a paste. Transfer to a bowl, stir in sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper.
2) Add in fish and shrimps and mix well. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for an hour.
3) Soak banana leaves in boiling water for 3 min to soften. Pat dry.
4) Place a portion of fish and shrimps on each banana leaf, fold the leaf up and to enclose the mixture and then secure the parcels using a toothpick or skewer.
5) Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 20 min or until the parcels fillings is cooked.
6) Serve with warm rice.
Note : You can steam this for 10-12 min. If banana leaves are not available you can wrapped in aluminium foil or baking paper. The paste is good with chicken fillets too but it will need longer period of time to cook.