When I cook rice I always cook a bit more because I can always make fried rice the second day with all my leftover meat, vegetables or anything I can find in the fridge. What I like most about fried rice is because it is a complete meal by itself with meat and vegetables in it.
3 bowls of cold cooked rice (prefer overnight cooked rice)
1 carrots - cut to cubes
a bunch of sugar snap peas - cut small
1 cup of char siew
2 shallots - slice thinly
2 cloves of garlic - chopped
2 tbsp of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1) Beat eggs in a bowl with some salt and pepper
2) Heat 1 tbsp of oil and pour in the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs and dish out.
3) Add about 2 tbsp of oil in the wok and saute the garlic and shallots until lightly brown. Add in the carrots and stir fry for 1 min. Then add in the char siew and snap peas and stir fry for 30 second.
4) Add in rice, scramble eggs, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste and continue to stir fry until everything mix well.
5) Dish out and garnish with red chili or green onions. Serve warm.
Note : You can used any leftover meat like roast chicken or fresh meat and frozen mix vegetables for this fried rice. This simple recipe is specially for my niece Amelia in Australia :) She is learning to cook.