This is one of my favorite cakes to bake at home. The cake is tender and moist, with a middle layer of dark cinnamon filling and the best part of it all is the crunchy bits of the streusel topping. Now who doesn’t like that? The friend that I share this cake with just loves it to bits.
250 gram butter
270 gram flour
230 gram sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup milk
Ingredients for the Streusel:
3 tbsp butter
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper. Mix all the streusel ingredients together and set it aside.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl and set it aside. Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy.
3. Beat in eggs 1 at a time until well combined. Add in vanilla. Mix dry ingredients and milk alternately into butter mixture in 3 batches. Mix well.
4. Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of streusel mixture. Pour the balance batter on top of the streusel. Sprinkle the balance of the streusel on top of the cake.
5. Bake the cake until golden brown or tester inserted at the center comes out clean. It will take about an 1 hour. Cool cake in pan.
6. Once it is cool, remove from pan. Cut and serve.
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen)"