Wednesday, December 16, 2009
2 cups of leftover turkey meat
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup turkey gravy
1/2 cup cooked potatoes (i used the leftovers)
1/4 cup chopped olives
1 tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
2 sheets store bought shortcrust pastries
1. Mix together the turkey meat, onion, olives, herbs, salt and pepper and bind with half the egg.
2. Roll out the pastry thinly and cut into rounds (size depend on how big you like)
3. Divide the turkey mixture between the rounds, dampen the pastry edges and fold over. Press together to seal.
4. Place the pasties on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining beaten egg.
5. Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until well browned. Serve hot or cold.