This is a great dessert for summer especially when the weather get really warm. Panna Cotta is such an easy dessert to make. Normally Panna Cotta is made with full cream milk and heavy cream but I made it with 1% fat milk and also half and half. I served these Panna Cotta with some freshly blend strawberries and raspberries sauce.
For the cream layer
2 tsp of gelatin powder
2 tablespoons water
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup half and half or cream
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup sugar
For the berries layer
1 cup strawberry
1 cup raspberry
1 tbsp sugar
1. To make the berries layer, puree strawberry, raspberry and sugar in a food processor. Put the puree berries through a strainer to remove all the seeds.
2. Divide the puree berries evenly among the serving glasses. Put the glasses in the freezer for it to set.
3. In a small bowl, mix the water and gelatin. Set it aside to bloom. In a medium saucepan, heat up the milk and sugar in medium heat. Bring it up to a slow boil and remove from heat.
4. Add in the gelatin, stir until the gelatin dissolved into the milk. Add in the half and half or cream and vanilla. Stir well and set it aside to cool.
5. Once the milk mixture is cooled, slowly pour it over the frozen berries and let set in the fridge for at least a few hours or until it's set. Serve cold.