Saturday, June 23, 2007
This is a really simply and delicious cake. Thanks to Vi at IK forum (a food forum I visited daily) for her recipe. Here is her recipe.
113g/1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 cup castor sugar
50g sour cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon orange zest
3 large eggs, at room temperature
210g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
500g fresh fruits (I usestrawberries, handful of blueberries, mandarin orange and canned peach slices)
* Place cuts fruits in a strainer and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of sugar
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F. Butter a baking pan.
* Cream butter, sugar and sour cream together until creamy.
* Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
* Add vanilla, flour, baking powder and zest until everything combined
* Pour batter into a baking pan and smooth the top. Place fruits on top
* Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake is done.
* Cool and serve