This bark is by far one of the easiest desserts to make. You can mix up a batch of it in 10 minutes before leaving it to set up. The best part of this bark is you can put your own spin of topping ingredients to it like nuts, dried fruits, toasted coconut, candied ginger etc.. The combinations are endless.
12 oz bittersweet chocolate – chopped
¾ cup macadamia nuts – roughly chopped
½ cup dried apricots – chopped
½ dried cranberries
½ tsp sea salt
1. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of low simmering water (not boiling water)
2. Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. Once the chocolate melted, pour it over the parchment paper, spread and smooth it out to form a rectangle about 8” x 9” with a spatula.
4. Sprinkle the salt then follows by the macadamia nuts, apricots and cranberries over the chocolate. Lightly press it down to the chocolate.
5. Let it set in the fridge until firm about 30 minutes. Cut the bark into 2 x 3-inch pieces and serve at room temperature.