I made these last year when a couple of friends came over for tea. I like this thin kind of fritters as it is much crispier. I used the recipe of Nasi Lemak Lover but I replaced the chives with spring onions and add a bit of pepper to the batter. It turns out really good and it was well received by my friends.
Recipe source : NasiLemak Lover
500 gram flour
20 gram self rising flour
10 gram corn flour
550 ml water
250 gram bean sprouts
40 gram Chinese chives ( I used spring onion)
1 large onion – finely chopped
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp chicken bouillon powder
300 gram large shrimps – head and shell intake
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl except for the shrimps, mix until no lumps.
2. Heat up some cooking oil in a wok over medium low heat; put a round ladle into the hot oil for a few minutes. Remove the ladle from the hot oil, scoop 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp of batter, swirl the better around to cover the ladle.
3. Place a shrimp on top of the batter, lower the ladle into the oil and let it fry for 2 minutes, with a butter knife, gentle dislocate the fritter from the ladle (it might be a bit difficult for the first few fritters but it gets easier) continue to fry on both side until golden brown.
4. Repeat the same to the rest of the batter.
5. Remove fritters from the oil and drain the oil on paper towel. Cut and serve with chili sauce.