My two zucchini plants have been giving me a few zucchini and since Carlos is not a fan of it I have to find ways to finish them up all by myself. I put them in my Korean pancakes, my curries and make it into this healthy snack. I coat them in panko breadcrumbs as they are much lighter and give the zucchini much crispier texture. They are great as snack, appetizer or side dish to any burger meal. This is much healthier than potato chips because they’re baked and not fried. Since I had it as snack I did make a dipping sauce to go with it but you can use any type of dipping sauce of your choice.
2 medium size zucchini
1 cup Japanese panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
Some olive oil
Sour Cream Dipping Sauce:
½ cup sour cream
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil. Brush it lightly with some olive oil.
2. In a medium bowl, combined the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well. Whisk up the eggs and set it aside.
3. Cut the zucchini into less than ¼” thick rounds.
4. Dip zucchini into the eggs and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
5. Place the rounds in a single layer on the baking pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, take out the tray from oven and turn the slices over. Continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until brown.
6. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
7. For the dipping sauce: Combined all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.