I made this last summer and only get a chance to post it now. Mangoes were so cheap a few months ago and I bought a whole case of it. A case of 13-15 fruits cost less than $7.00. Carlos is not a fan of mango so I have to eat it all by myself and I gave some to my neighbor. I ate some fresh and used some of it to make mango sorbet. This sorbet is creamier than other fruit sorbet because it has less water content in the fruits. It is light, refreshing and full of mango flavor. This is a beautiful dessert to serve after a heavy meal.
4 fresh mangoes
1/4 cup of sugar (amount depend on the sweetness of your mango)
1 tbsp lime juice
1. Peel and remove the seeds of mangoes. Cut into chunks. Put mango pieces in a food processor and process it until mixtures turn into smooth puree.
2. Strain the puree by pushing it thru a sieve. You can get 3 – 3 ½ cups of mango puree.
3. Transfer strained puree into a large bowl, whisk in the sugar until well dissolved. Add in the lime juice.
4. Chill puree in the refrigerator until very cold, about 2-3 hours. Churn in ice-cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Once it is done, transfer into an airtight container and chill in freezer for at least 3 – 4 hours before serving.