Let’s take a break from MFF Event today and feature this chicken kebab. This is one dish that you can prepare the night before and grill it the very next day. It will become handy if you want to entertain a large number of guests. Marinating the chicken overnight allows the yogurt to tenderize the chicken and also it won’t dries out when you grill it. I just marinate it with whatever spices I can find in my pantry and served them with some tomato salad but you can have it with bread or even rice.
6 pieces chicken thigh – remove all the skins and fats
1 small onion – cut into medium size chunks
Half red pepper – cut into chunks
Half yellow pepper – cut into chunks
8 small tomatoes
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
½ tsp cumin powder
2 cloves garlic - chopped
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
Some chopped parsley.
1. Clean and cut chicken into 1 ½” cubes. Pat dry and set it aside. Soak 8 bamboo skewers.
2. In a large brown, whisk together all the rest of the marinate ingredients. Mix really well. Before adding in the chicken reserve about 2 tbsp of the marinate to brush on the kebab later.
3. Add in the chicken and mix well. Cover and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (the longer the better)
4. Thread the chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewer.
5. At this stage you can either grill it on the BBQ or like me I just grill it in the oven. Set the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
6. Arrange the skewer onto the baking sheet. Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes, turn over the skewer and bake the other side for another 10 minutes.
7. Switch the oven function to broil, brush the reserved marinate all over the skewers and broil it until golden brown on both side. 8. Serve warm.