If you have not entered the Vanilla Bean Giveaway, you can do so here .
I baked this batch of cookies to mail it to Carlos. They are just regular chocolate chips cookies but to make it extra special I top it with a mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cup since it is Carlos favorite. They turn out pretty darn good and you can’t stop by eating one or two. They are so addictive! If you like chocolate and peanut butter –these cookies are for you.
2 stick/1 cup/226 gram butter – room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 ½ cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
40 – 45 pieces Mini Reese’s Peanut butter candy
1 cup macadamia nuts – roughly chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats.
2. In a large bowl, use electric mixer to cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars for 2 minutes. Add egg, vanilla and continue to mix until well combined.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Stir together just until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
4. Place a tablespoon of cookie dough on the baking sheet, leave about an inch apart from each other and top it with a Reese’s peanut butter cup. Press it down a bit into the dough. Repeat with same to the rest of the dough.
5. Bake for about 15-17 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned and cooked.