It is not a very good idea to bake cake when you can’t smell anything. As you can see this cake was over baked and turn out pretty dark. When I do baking I normally don’t use a timer as I rely on my sense of smell. Once I can smell my bakes that mean it is time to check on it. I baked this when I was sick over a month ago and once I put the cake in the oven I totally forgotten about it until it was too late. Oh well, nevertheless it still tasted great.
226 gram/2 sticks/1 cup butter
180 gram sugar
170 gram ground almond
150 gram flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
50 ml milk
1 cup Red Raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line and grease a 9 x 5” loaf pan or two small loaves pan with some butter.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add in the ground almond and set it aside.
3. Beat soft butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add in eggs one at a time until well incorporated into the butter. Add in vanilla and mix well.
4. Slow down the mixer and in the flour mixture and milk. Lastly fold in the raspberries by hand.
5. Pour into the loaf pan and bake until skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool on pan for 10 minute before turning it into the cooling rack.
I'm submitting this dessert to Aspiring Bakers #5 - Fruity March , hosted by Jess of Bakericious.