I baked these sugar cookies at the very last minutes for my nephew Eu-Xin in Malaysia. My friend is going back end of this month and she is taking these back for me. Thank you so much Choy and I am sure my nephew will be very grateful. I am not good at frosting it and in fact this is the first time I am doing sugar cookies. I hope I will do a better job the next time when I have more time to decorate it.
1 stick/113 gram butter
¾ cup sugar
2 cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla
2 tbsp milk
2. Cream soft butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Slow down the mixer and slowly add in the flour in two batches. Mix until just combined.
3. Transfer the dough to a work surface. Shape into two discs, wrap the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for an hour.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to 1/8” thickness. Cut into desired shape and transfer to baking sheets pan, leaving an inch in between.
5. Bake until lightly golden, about 12-15 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
6. Decorate with Royal Icing if desired.
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #2: Christmas! (Dec 2010) hosted by Passionate About Baking
To my family, friends and blog readers
May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace,
The gladness of Christmas give you hope
And the warmth of Christmas grants you love and joy.
Have a Blessed Christmas and A Happy New Year Everyone!!