If there is a choice between French fries or sweet potato fries I will definitely pick the latter. But not many restaurants serve this so I will normally make it myself. I baked this instead of frying it so it's much healthier. The baked sweet potato wedges might not be as crispy as the fried one but they tasted just as good. They are slightly crispy on the outside and sweet and soft on the inside. I like serving this with a mix of mayo and ketchup.
2 pounds sweet potatoes – about 3 large ones
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp paprika (or any type of spices of your choice)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degree F. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut the potatoes into long wedges.
2. Put the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add in the oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Mix well.
3. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil; spread the sweet potatoes out on a single layer on the baking pan.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, turning them after 15 minutes and bake them until soft and golden brown.
5. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Note: The baking time depends on how thick you cut your wedges. If you like to add extra sweetness and caramelization to your sweet potatoes, you can always add a tsp of sugar to to the seasonings.